Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Vaping friends-Deborah Arnott and Martin Dockrell
27-09-2013, 04:32 PM
My Vaping friends-Deborah Arnott and Martin Dockrell
Hi everybody,
Newbie to forums of any sort, 30 years plus smoking, nine months into vaping, thank you all very much and beginning to show early signs of “Shinyitis”.

My philosophy in life is “I am an apprentice to wisdom, learning how to be wise, interspersed with total stupidity”

Got to keep this short. Spotted by someone on Cancer Research UK and picked up on UK Vapours.
Check out (http://www.ash.org.uk/beyondsmokingkills).

See who researched it, and who edited it, and who endorsed it!
Scroll down to chapter 8, it makes good reading!

I thought it was a new vapours forum and was waiting for Deborah and Martin to recommend the 134 gatlin gun!!

I know it is a 2008 Ash report; the question is what went wrong in the last 5 years?Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2013, 10:54 AM
RE: My Vaping friends-Deborah Arnott and Martin Dockrell
Hi and welcome..

That page no longer shows Im afraid.

Everything changes I suppose, and people's opinions change too, mainly through newly revealed facts and studies.

And along with the experts out there, we too as vapers have lots of offer to help to change opinions.

Back in 2008, ASH did state they wanted to see a harm reduction route for heavily addicted smokers, and they used the phrase 'pure nicotine products' so that would lead you to think that ecigs would come under that heading, and at the time that was possibly the case.

So what went wrong?

Well, in my opinion, and I stress this is my own opinion not that of VTTV, vapers themselves went wrong.

Forums, in general did a lot of damage, people asking about side effects of vaping, or stating that their ecig caused this and that medical condition. Reports of faulty devices, all of which gave the media the scare stories they were looking for.

Quit statements didnt do us any good either, added to the ridiculous new names for cigarettes, "analogue, stinkies" etc., helped to create a massive divide between vapers and smokers, which should never have happened.

Now as to who was behind all the gathering of information, well, Im sure you can hazard your own guess at that.

So the vaping community in general didnt do themselves an awful lot of good.

ASH I dont see as the enemy, not at all, in general I agree with many of their statements regarding tobacco smoking, and lets face it, none of us want to see our children or grandchildren smoke cigarettes.

Harm reduction and being allowed to make our lifestyle changes is important, its what Im fighting for.
01-10-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: My Vaping friends-Deborah Arnott and Martin Dockrell
Thanks for the response Cat.
Apologise for the bad link, my fault try http://www.ash.org.uk/current-policy-iss...king-kills all the PDF files make interesting reading plus their latest http://www.ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_899.pdf .

Also a good read from our French colleagues at AIDUCE.
http://www.greens-efa.eu/fileadmin/dam/D...AIDUCE.pdf

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)