Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When's a Mod not a Mod?
10-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Re: When's a Mod not a Mod?
NADS = Nicotine Atomising Delivery System

or

GONADS = Good Old Nicotine Atomising Delivery System

or even as most of the devices come out of China how about

PANDAS = Personal Atomised Nicotine Delivery ApparatuS

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
[Image: VapourtrailstvHD.1.gif] Click to subscribe - IT'S FREE!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Dunno why, but PANDA actually trips the "like" switch for me. "Bung an LR xxxx on your PANDA and vape your face off"... has a ring to it.
10-02-2012, 10:33 AM
How about just plain and simple MOD.
Modified Orifice Device. Smile
10-02-2012, 06:56 PM
ol'git Wrote:how about...

ENID = Electronic Nicotine Inhalation Device
My only issue with a name like that is it sounds to medical - too much like a drug delivery device, just what the goverments over here (NA) would latch onto as a way of controlling and stamping out the use of these devices. To my mind the name needs to belay concerns about its use in public not create a desire to stamp out its use althogether. Sad The only problem is everything I can come up with has the negative connotation of smoking attached to it which also doesn't help the cause. :|
In the end I kind of like the term steaming - it makes sense at the most basic level. We are creating steam which contains nicotine, inhaling the nicotine and exhaling a mist of steam. It really struck home for me last night how effective a name that might be when my 4 year asked me why I was steaming when I was exhaling last night on my way into the house.
10-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Blue Wrote:

My only issue with a name like that is it sounds to medical - too much like a drug delivery device, just what the goverments over here (NA) would latch onto as a way of controlling and stamping out the use of these devices. To my mind the name needs to belay concerns about its use in public not create a desire to stamp out its use althogether. Sad The only problem is everything I can come up with has the negative connotation of smoking attached to it which also doesn't help the cause. :|
In the end I kind of like the term steaming - it makes sense at the most basic level. We are creating steam which contains nicotine inhaling the nicotine and exhaling a mist of steam. It really struck home for me last night how effective a name that might be when my 4 year asked me why I was steaming when I was exhaling last night on my way into the house.

Steaming is a good one, but alas as a scotsman I have to say we already use that term for complete drunkenness.

That's one of the major problems, finding good names that aren't already being "used" for something else.

I am me, nobody else. . . .
10-02-2012, 08:38 PM
vereybowring Wrote:
Blue Wrote:

In the end I kind of like the term steaming - it makes sense at the most basic level. We are creating steam which contains nicotine inhaling the nicotine and exhaling a mist of steam. It really struck home for me last night how effective a name that might be when my 4 year asked me why I was steaming when I was exhaling last night on my way into the house.

Steaming is a good one, but alas as a scotsman I have to say we already use that term for complete drunkenness.

That's one of the major problems, finding good names that aren't already being "used" for something else.

I like Steaming, but as verey says, it means getting drunk ... we have many terms for getting legless where I live, still I suppose we would as I live in Essex :lol:.

Steam = train = choo choo Big Grin, or Loco (surely someone can come up with something to go with Loco?)

What about... PIB = Personal Inhaling Boiler Big Grin.

Regards,
Bob
16-02-2012, 12:53 AM
PANDA mentioned on the show hehehe

i'm well chuffed i am :lol:

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
[Image: VapourtrailstvHD.1.gif] Click to subscribe - IT'S FREE!
16-02-2012, 11:20 AM
I don't know why, exacty, but it does work, for me... Start with an e-cig, and upgrade to a PANDA...
02-03-2013, 06:31 PM
RE: When's a Mod not a Mod?
I don't like the name steamer especially if it is made in Cleveland Smile
Just because a small minority use the word Vapouriser shouldn't stop us using it.
People use pipes for such activities too and that wouldn't stop anyone from using that word.
Besides, Vapouriser is used for other things too-
1-Alcohol Vapourizer, a device used for inhalation of alcohol.
2-Anaesthetic vaporiser, a device used in the administration of anaesthesia
3-Humidifier, a household appliance that increases humidity
4-Vaporizer (internal combustion engine), a device to enable an engine to run on tractor vaporizing oil

As for another name, how about
NID (Nicotine Inhalation Device)
E-NiD (Electronic Nicotine Delivery)
NiV (Nicotine Vapourizer)

I think mods have to be made mainly out of readily available (off the shelf) parts or hand crafted parts as opposed specially manufactured components, so the Darwin etc shouldn't be classed as such.
15-05-2013, 05:24 PM
RE: When's a Mod not a Mod?
Ok, this is my first post on the forum so don't all rip me to shreds at once (please). I've been sitting here for a while thinking about this (sad i know), and i've come up with a couple of ideas. First there's the "Modified Nicotine Machine" or "M.N.M", or then there's the "Vapourising Atomising Nicotine Delivery Inhaler" or "V.A.N.D.I". I mean, who wouldn't want to be see walking down the street with their ce5 screwed on top an MnM, or strutting along the high street with an mt3 atop a shiny new vandi? Wink the possibilities are limitless!

Ecigs: A Choice not a Therapy. A lifestyle not a Treatment. Educate and Liberate.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)