Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When's a Mod not a Mod?
09-02-2012, 12:46 AM
When's a Mod not a Mod?
Interesting snippet on VT Talk tonight, I thought - as in is a Darwin really a mod? Is a Provari? A GGTS?

They're definitely more than a hacked about flashlight casing - so what's the best name? Some suggestions came out of the show, but what's yours?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Re: When's a Mod not a Mod?
I suggested Custom Electronic Vapouriser (CEV) in chat as a quick idea but it still doesn't seem ideal.

For some mods that would probably fit, but not for the larger production run models (like darwin, provari etc.).

If I think of any others I will try to remember and post them.
The one I built myself I could call a BEVI (Big Electronic Variable Inhaler) so I'm forever going for a BEVI.

I am me, nobody else. . . .
09-02-2012, 04:07 AM
I like CEV but I have a problem with Vapouriser - because a Vaporizer is a device for using the wacky herb, in fact there are places over here called Vapor Lounges for that very thing. One just down the road from me is called Vapor Central - makes it hard to find a proper name for a shop or club ect.
09-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Aye - that's my whole take on the "PV" and "vaping" thing - being a (now retired) musician, I'd come across "vaping" a long time before e-cigs were invented, never mind available, and it will always be a herb thing to me.

In Germany, e-cigs are known as "steamers", I believe, and the act of using one "steaming" (I may well be wrong here, since I don't speak German and am only going by what I've been told), which, again, doesn't quite work in English. But, the term "squonking" seems to have taken hold - and if that's not a made-up word, I dunno what is!!

FWIW, I know IBM spent untold quantities of money coming up with the brand name "Aptiva" for its low-cost home computers a few years ago - the brief was, as I recall, a word that had no meaning in any language (so made-up, then), had a "quality" sound to it - inspiring confidence - and stuck in the mind. Sounds like we're on a similar journey here!!
09-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I still like the term P.E.N.I.S. Big Grin

But to be more sensible how about ENDSS? (Electronic Nicotine Delivery SystemS) 8-)

Oh and there's a bit of a problem with the term squonking if you check the urban dictionary :lol:

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
[Image: VapourtrailstvHD.1.gif] Click to subscribe - IT'S FREE!
09-02-2012, 10:50 AM
I personally still love the idea of calling it a P.E.N.I.S, should have seen the butchers face in Tesco when I told him a colleague saw me sucking on mine, he almost split a rib! :lol:

CEV is great but has that 'weed' connection to it in the word 'vaping', squonking is ... well ... sounds a bit rude to me, weird images pop into my very disturbed mind every time I hear it ... yeah, I know... tsk.

Regards,
Bob
09-02-2012, 11:21 AM
I think this is easy drop the word mod. use the name of your device . a pure mod is something you knock up yourself for your own use if its sold its not a mod . imo
09-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Squonkalicious is going to be the name of my very own custom built mod. Smile
So does this mean it is a:
Mythical, wart ridden, South African wonky fart clunge plunger ? according to the Urban Dictionary. Smile

Or am I going to have to change the name. Smile
[Image: squonk.jpg]
09-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I like the MOD name. Some of my devices are modified trees.
09-02-2012, 11:03 PM
how about...

ENID = Electronic Nicotine Inhalation Device

Regards,
Bob

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)