Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brussels Balloon Protest
26-06-2013, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 05:59 PM by mgjones74.)
Exclamation Brussels Balloon Protest
On Wednesday 10th July 2013, vapers from across Europe will meet together in Brussels to protest, peacefully, against the potential inclusion of Electronic Cigarettes as Medicines in the Revision to the Tobacco Products Directive.

They will meet up in Place Luxembourg (subject to the appropriate permissions, which have been applied for) at 12:30 local time, to prepare for a startling and memorable demonstration of what classifying e-cigs as medicines will actually mean - the continued early deaths of up to 2,000 smokers every day of every year. At 13:00, each vaper present will burst one or more black balloons, each one signifying the life of a smoker who, had they been allowed to switch to electronics cigarettes by choice and desire, would reach their full span, but, because of classification as medicines will die early, as a smoker.

We hope to be joined by MEPs and other interested parties. Please join us.

Departs: London St Pancras Intl at 08:58 on 10 Jul
Arrives: Bruxelles Midi at 12:05
Train no: ES9116
Class: Standard
Departs: Bruxelles Midi at 18:56 on 10 Jul
Arrives: London St Pancras Intl at 19:57
Train no: ES9157
Class: Standard
Group check-in is a minimum 45 minutes before departure. Please allow plenty of time for check-in, we suggest you arrive at the station 60 minutes before your train leaves.

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
[Image: VapourtrailstvHD.1.gif] Click to subscribe - IT'S FREE!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like mgjones74's post
27-06-2013, 06:53 PM
RE: Brussels Balloon Protest
I've posted about this on POTV, UKV and AAEC and it looks like some will be making their own way there........so i was wondering if it might be an idea to tell everyone where and when to meet?

I'd hate the though of hundreds of vapers wandering around Brussels trying to find each other.

Roger

PS if this is posted elsewhere, sorry!
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like whipitup's post
30-06-2013, 05:44 PM
I wish I was able to come along and participate in this but family commitments won't allow.

In other words the wife put the block on it!

I will be thinking of you all who go; wish you all a safe journey and hope it's an experience everyone will be talking about for many years to come.

S & F.

Mark.
[+] 1 user Likes maddog's post
01-07-2013, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 08:46 AM by Davedorn.)
On Wednesday 10th July 2013, vapers from across Europe will meet together in Brussels to protest, peacefully, against the potential inclusion of Electronic Cigarettes as Medicines in the Revision to the Tobacco Products Directive.

They will meet up in Place Luxembourg (subject to the appropriate permissions, which have been applied for) at 12:30 local time, to prepare for a startling and memorable demonstration of what classifying e-cigs as medicines will actually mean - the continued early deaths of up to 2,000 smokers every day of every year. At 13:00, each vaper present will burst one or more black balloons, each one signifying the life of a smoker who, had they been allowed to switch to electronics cigarettes by choice and desire, would reach their full span, but, because of classification as medicines will die early, as a smoker.

We hope to be joined by MEPs and other interested parties. Please join us.

There are still seats available - please let me know if you want to come and can make St. Pancras by 08:15 on the morning - email me at info @ vapourtrails.tv (remove spaces) before midnight Wednesday 3rd July. There is no charge for the return trip to Brussels.

I will need your full name(s) as they appear on your passports.

The meeting point is at the Place Luxembourg at 12:30 local time, ready to do the deed at 13:00.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?safe=off&...CDwQ8gEwAQ shows you where.

Dave
[+] 3 users Like Davedorn's post
02-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Wish I could go, work won't let me book any days off in July, it's a busy month.

Not sure what you think of this idea... For those who can't go would it be a good idea to get everyone to send a photo of themselves with a sign or caption saying something like "These are the people who don't want to die from smoking". The photos could be made into a mosaic.

If we could get as many as possible wouldn't that be good?

Andy Sutton did something similar in video form on one of his SWOF promos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HBFqnPu22A

You may have already thought of this (apologies if you already have)

Cheers

Vinny

Vinny
03-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Aloha
Just seen the time for St Pancras - me train from Hull arrives at Kings X at 8.13 - tis only over the road but thought it best to check before booking Wink
03-07-2013, 02:46 AM
International Information about the Protest can be found here:

French: http://www.aiduce.fr/brussels-vapemeet-le-10072013/
German: http://www.e-rauchen-forum.de/showthread.php?tid=66401
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas Bayer's post
03-07-2013, 12:47 PM
(03-07-2013 01:51 AM)Digicig Wrote:  Aloha
Just seen the time for St Pancras - me train from Hull arrives at Kings X at 8.13 - tis only over the road but thought it best to check before booking Wink

That sounds like it's cutting it a bit fine to me mate... Doesn't leave much margin for error, delays etc.

My train is due just after 7am. Tongue
05-07-2013, 03:35 PM
I am catching the first train out of Durham at 4:55 am and will Get in at I hope 07:55 to kings cross ....going to be a mad rush I think for me ,hope my heart holds out. Lol
06-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Couldn't resist the temptation any longer. . .

I did a blog post for the protest.

If you don't hear from me in the next while it's because disney have me. . .

I am me, nobody else. . . .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)