Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What was the material?
18-06-2013, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2013 06:57 AM by fsors.)
What was the material?
Gary, Hey Mate what is the material you bloaks are using for the driptips? Also noticed no mention of how he fixed the SS insert inside the driptip?
Luved the Vid BTW!

Cheers and Best,
fsors
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2013, 05:34 PM
RE: What was the material?
If you look for pen blanks mate.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Woodturning-Pk...4840ed94de

This is what I was using for mine.
As for the tip insert I will let you know when mine land.
18-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Gary, Smashing good show! So on the nice driptip that you made there is no SS? You made an o-ring groove and then good to go? I do not see why not... just very interested in this as I have been making some on me lathe too. So far I have made copper, brass and aluminum from solid rods. I want to play with the materials and options. Your 1st one turned out great! Did he just use an o-ring to mate the SS insert to the acrylic? My 1st one took hours but now they are going much faster. Such a fun play! Gotta get some pen blanks. Back to me garden shed to play some more!

Thanks Mate!
Cheers,
fsors
19-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Well impressed with the video and the show Gary and I'm sure with a little practice you'll be banging the drip tips out.

Like the tru-stone blanks on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tru-Stone-Pen-...2ec85cecaa

I caved in and ordered a Lapis drip tip from Pink Mule Smile
25-06-2013, 05:31 AM
Nice show Mate! Loved the Red acrylic DT! Smashing job!!! So where can I find the inserts?

Cheers!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)