Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Torche mod newbie help
12-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Torche mod newbie help
Hi guys,first of all I just wanna say that I'm glad I stumbled across this forum one evening not too long ago,in my opinion it's the best on the net.

Anyway,the other night I watched the video of Gary doing the torche mod which I then showed the wife,so to cut a long story short she wants me to make her one,in fact she's that persistent she went and bought 2 pink ones from home bargains today lol
Anyway she wants one with a silver coin on the top instead of the putty,has anyone ever done one with a coin ?Any help would be appreciated (by the way there's no rush,I'm not in no hurry to make it shhhhhhhhhh )
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2013, 04:46 PM
RE: Torche mod newbie help
i did try one using a ground down 2p but wasn't very successful I'm afraid, getting a coin the right size to fit is the hardest part.
if you can find one to fit right you can drill a hole in the center for the 510 to push fit in and then that should allow you to use the coin and the body of the torch to give you your negative connection.

once you have the connections in place you probably want to back fill behind the coin with putty to firm it all up and give a layer of insulation from the battery.

hope this helps Wink

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
[Image: VapourtrailstvHD.1.gif] Click to subscribe - IT'S FREE!
[+] 1 user Likes mgjones74's post
13-06-2013, 05:13 PM
(13-06-2013 04:46 PM)mgjones74 Wrote:  i did try one using a ground down 2p but wasn't very successful I'm afraid, getting a coin the right size to fit is the hardest part.
if you can find one to fit right you can drill a hole in the center for the 510 to push fit in and then that should allow you to use the coin and the body of the torch to give you your negative connection.

once you have the connections in place you probably want to back fill behind the coin with putty to firm it all up and give a layer of insulation from the battery.

hope this helps Wink

Thx for the quick response,i think you might be right with the putty,i cant think of another way myself,i do own a very old myford lathe havnt got a clue how to use it lol but I'm sure I could manage to take a few mm of the edges.But thats the least of my problems at the moment,my vamo has been playing up past few days,anyway it's gone totally now,just tried taking the top cap off but it won't budge,might have to butcher it and make a mod out of it.I think the board in it is ok,looks like a wire has come loose or something.
Thx again
13-06-2013, 05:46 PM
if your lucky there is normally some slack on the positive wire, so if you cant get the top cap off you might be able to just pull the center pin out, you may find it is the grommet around the pos pin that has failed in which case you can replace it with one from the connector of an old cartomiser or atomiser as they all tend to use the same size of grommet. it is a bit fiddly but not too difficult to do.

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
13-06-2013, 05:58 PM
(13-06-2013 05:46 PM)mgjones74 Wrote:  if your lucky there is normally some slack on the positive wire, so if you cant get the top cap off you might be able to just pull the center pin out, you may find it is the grommet around the pos pin that has failed in which case you can replace it with one from the connector of an old cartomiser or atomiser as they all tend to use the same size of grommet. it is a bit fiddly but not too difficult to do.

Just managed to get the cap off,I held it in my lathe jaws and got some grips on it.
The problems started with the vamo when the 510 thread bit became loose and subsequently the pos wire snapped off inside,gone off vamo's now anyway I will have to buy a new cap for it I think they are only £6 so not too bad.
[+] 1 user Likes ggartside2's post
14-06-2013, 08:35 PM
personally at that point i would be more inclined to just take the board out and put it into a new casing lol

good luck with it however you decide to goBig Grin

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
15-06-2013, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2013 05:40 PM by ggartside2.)
Don't you just hate it when you miss the postman,all my mod parts came this morning but I was at work,now I've got to wait till tuesday to go pick my bits up.
I've decided to try get the vamo up and running in its original form,I was tempted to save the board for a future venture,but I'm struggling at the moment having to use my wife's ego twist lol

I must admit though it works well with my aga-t+ on top

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)