Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
E-Cigs Mail Online Article
06-06-2013, 04:55 AM
E-Cigs Mail Online Article

Greeting to you all,

First I’d like to introduce myself. I am still quite new to vaping, having started using e-cigarettes only a few months ago.
Right at the beginning of my research on the subject I have discovered with great delight VTTV.
I have been watching the YouTube programs with great interest and enjoyment, whilst shyly dipping in and out of the forum. So, I take now the opportunity to say ‘thank you’, as I have found here some very useful information and been much impressed by its warmth and quality.

Now, regarding last night VT Talk and the heavily edited Mail Online article ..
I have found the article late at night and saved some notes of original piece on my computer. I now regret not copying the whole piece, these are only some parts.

On the original one, there were also some pictures; one of which showing an ego-like device being used by a man; another with several colorful e-cigarettes with the caption : “A shop owner displays his varied range of electronic cigarettes alongside different flavoured fluids which are used to create the vapour “

Unfortunately I was not able to find the page’s cache, I will try again later.

Warm regards

E-cigs 'are the safer option': New guidelines urge doctors to advise products for smokers finding it difficult to quit
• Devices provide a nicotine ‘hit’ to the user without the tar
• But there are fears they may pose a different health hazard
• Smokers now encouraged to cut down even if they can’t quit ‘in one step’
5 June 2013

... Electronic cigarettes are ‘better than smoking’, say public health experts behind new guidelines on reducing the harm caused by tobacco.
For the first time smokers are being encouraged to cut down even if they can’t quit ‘in one step’

… the guidance from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) says doctors seeking to help smokers can advise ‘these products are likely to be less harmful than cigarettes’.
Professor Paul Aveyard, a GP and one of the panel of experts which drew up the guidance, said he will tell patients that using e-cigarettes is ‘better than smoking’.

‘The safest thing is to use licensed nicotine replacement products - but a lot of people don’t want to use nicotine gum’ he added. ….

… People targeted by the advice includes those who may not be able to give up in one step, those who want to stop smoking without giving up nicotine and those who might not be ready to stop but want to reduce the amount they smoke.

Professor Mike Kelly, director of the Nice centre for Public Health, said the guidance endorses cutting down on smoking using licensed nicotine products to reduce the harm caused by tobacco.

He said ‘Put simply, people smoke for the nicotine but die because of the tar in tobacco.'
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes HappyVaping's post
06-06-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: E-Cigs Mail Online Article
Thanks for that, yes I remember seeing the ego pic, as it made me think "oooh nice to see an ego for once"

Glad you are enjoying what we do pop along and join us live if you can, its normally a fun hour (9pm uk time Sun-Thurs)

O < This is my stress free bubble, respect the bubble, stay out of the bubble, no touchy the bubble, go find your own bubble Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Sav's post
07-06-2013, 03:18 AM
(06-06-2013 11:18 PM)Sav Wrote:  Thanks for that, yes I remember seeing the ego pic, as it made me think "oooh nice to see an ego for once"

Glad you are enjoying what we do pop along and join us live if you can, its normally a fun hour (9pm uk time Sun-Thurs)

Thank you for the welcoming Sav Smile

I’ll try joining the live-chat as soon as my laptop will allow .. it’s throwing some tantrums at the moment.

Re Mail article, I have found the cached page @ ‘Internet Archive Way Back Machine’ - http://web-beta.archive.org/ - which holds older copies of webpages on record.
Just paste in the window the article’s address - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...-quit.html - and you will find the two snapshots for the 5th June.

Warm regards
[+] 1 user Likes HappyVaping's post
07-06-2013, 03:28 AM
Great resource, HV! Thanks for posting this.

If you can't get there by a comfortable road, don't go.
[+] 1 user Likes EgoManiac's post
07-06-2013, 03:34 AM
(07-06-2013 03:28 AM)EgoManiac Wrote:  Great resource, HV! Thanks for posting this.

Yeah, it's a great little tool & you are most welcome Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Licencing for e-cigs Gluggler 1 789 02-03-2013 12:00 PM
Last Post: Davedorn
  Study comparison of room air between analogs and e-cigs markimar 4 889 11-11-2012 07:53 PM
Last Post: samuelmunro
  More Daily Mail scare stories and the NHS. vereybowring 1 971 04-09-2012 04:27 PM
Last Post: vereybowring

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)