Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AGI - A rebuildable dripping and Tank atty - Test / Review.
03-04-2013, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 04:23 PM by dolphinm.)
AGI - A rebuildable dripping and Tank atty - Test / Review.
I have one of the AGI - I am testing / reviewing it for Daz. (I happened to walk into the shop as he was sending them out - April 3 --- Thanks, BTW Daz, for tolerating my wife's sometimes unusual questions about vaping etc)

In drip mode there I had no leakage through the screw/holes, -- NB I did loosen, check for swarf etc and replace the grubscrews before starting this. However I do recommend ensuring that the grubscrews are fully inside the threads.
I slightly overfilled and left it alone for a bit before vaping with it. Whilst vaping I closed off the airhole and blew into it, creating a positive internal pressure to discover the leaks, if any!
A little dribble of juice came out around the large O rings holding the top-cover on, but only when overpressure and tilted. The screw/holes remained juice-tight through-out. I then vaped the overcharge until dry.

Vaping quality - as good as I have ever had with a rebuildable, so much depends on how good one is with making coils. The AGI in drip configuration is very like the IGO-L in construction, buildability and use, once you ignore the extra holes and their capping screws.

The drip-test was done using a V-Max, an Ego/riva type battery and an Evic. The clearance for the Vmax is about 1.5mm, Evic <1mm, ego/riva ~2mm.
Juice (bought from Safercigs):- Chocolate Banana 18mg/ml in 70/30 PG/VG. The drip-tips are both Siam Mods.

[Image: 2013-04-0417-04-37827_zpsd147ff27.jpg]

[Image: 2013-04-0417-04-55633_zps57a27a5d.jpg]

In Tank/Genesis mode:- What a producer! - no problems with coil/wick (mesh), it is a very similar arrangement to the AGA T2 in that respect, so I did not expect anything to go wrong and it didn't!
The whole thing in this mode is about 5mm shorter than the AGA, and that 5mm is entirely in the bottom of the AGA's tank making the AGA slightly heavier, but only just. Put the AGA on an Evic, and the AGI on a Vmax, the heights are close to identical.
No leaks in this mode.

Conclusion:
I like this!
But I think I would probably use the AGA T2 and IGO-L as they are very similar - If I could only choose to keep one of the three, though it would definitely be the AGI !
The best of both worlds, as a dripper and as a tank.

It should be noted however that the grubscrews need something doing, in order to secure the holes better. Replacing them with a screw might be the best idea. Whilst mine did not leak, I was testing with 70/30 juice.

Many thanks to Daz (SaferCigs) for giving me the chance to try out this excellent addition to his range.

Dolphins Hotel a Vaping friendly hotel!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dolphinm's post
04-04-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: AGI - A rebuildable dripping and Tank atty - Test / Review.
Nice write up Dolphinm.

I've only tried mine with eth genny setup so far, but I see Dave has set me up nicley to have perfected the dripper mode by Sunday Big Grin

It looks cool on a GP Paps:

[Image: IMG_1794_zpsc06607cc.jpg]

Dave's Tackle Box - Sundays @ 9pm UK
05-04-2013, 07:39 PM
I have to admit when I tried it last night on the haze hour it really packed a punch.

Vaper, New Found Gamer and General Court Fool.
VTTV Team Member and RY4 DJ.
Find all posts by this user
13-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Nifty atty. where can me get one....?? in the states
outstanding pic there Dave! are they chromed brass or copper?
13-04-2013, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2013 10:28 PM by dolphinm.)
This was a trial batch - all from safercigs in UK (Daz - Owner) - he sent em out for testing and reviews, they are supposed to be coming onto the market end of April 2013, as far as we know - only from Daz ( http://www.safercigs.co.uk/ ) they are Solid StainlessSteel I think - certainly feel that way!

I just lucked into getting one Big Grin I walked into his shop to buy an Evic and some juices as he was packing these up!

14-04-2013, 02:59 PM
wow great luck mate! I wish we had a vape shop in me city. Daz's shop seems like a cool place. Is it far from you?
cheers
14-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Safercigs is 30mins by car - The other local shop for juices and eGo type stuff is 30 minutes on foot!

[+] 1 user Likes dolphinm's post
16-04-2013, 05:29 AM
great! I'd be chuffed!!!
cheers
25-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Got one of these last week from VaperTrain. Fantastic bits of kit and now used as my all day tank.
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2013, 06:38 AM
just got one in too good to hear now I need time to play!
any tips will be apprec

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Walnut Mod/Tank & Tip Holders ad.328isport 4 2,017 21-10-2013 02:56 PM
Last Post: yoda1970
  Another mod / tank and tip holder ad.328isport 0 867 13-09-2013 04:49 PM
Last Post: ad.328isport

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)