Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HD Video Cams and nothing to do with vaping LOL
16-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Wink HD Video Cams and nothing to do with vaping LOL
Totally random thread and nothing really to do with vaping Blush but as you folks put together some decent videos I thought I may as well ask here as anywhere.

While I've messed about with video over the years, I've had my fair share of cams.

The back story starts below

Note these are not my images but I still have all the cams tucked away Blush
Started with the Sony HVC4000P

[Image: 1626432.e2212431.560.jpg]

Onto a betamax suitcase recorder Rolleyes

Then after seeing the 1st Back to the future Film when Marty used that nasty JVC VHSC camcorder I bought a Sony 8mm

[Image: 669f97b333c0535cf3fe31d188605185.jpg]

From there we I bought the V200E

[Image: legendaere-sony-ccd-v200e-video-8-pro-camera.jpg]

Then we went digital and bought the TRV11E

[Image: 5974817305_ce4f68140c_z.jpg]

These have all served me well, but as the TRV11 is now coming on 13yrs old ! its really struggling to match todays HD stuff Sad but still manages to poke out a reasonable quality output and I've always been pleased with its optics and sound.
However its time to move on I feel, so you folks do a lot of video work so I thought where else am I going to get a good idea of whats out there to nibble at my wallet.
Over the years I've generally spent £1200-£1500 on my cams but now it seems you can pick up an HD cam for a few hundred pounds ! and many folks phones seem to even be able to record in HD !
Thing is, do you no longer need to pay billion pounds for stuff these days to get something half decent Confused
Certainly in the past anything sub £800 generally was pretty shoddy with bucket loads of camera noise getting picked up by the mics, auto focus that would only be automatic if you waited long enough, stupid digtal zooms that were worse than useless and unless you where in perfect lighting colours that were very dubious.

In the past you can see I've always been a bit of a Sony nut, but then that was only because they delivered and the Panasonics I wanted (which were also on my list) were way outside my price.

So is it a case of just a few hundred quid or is it still the case of you pays ya money and takes your choice ?

So folks anyone got any recomendations Confused

MrV
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: HD Video Cams and nothing to do with vaping LOL
Well, I had a couple of Sony's in the past, just for home movie use, and liked them, but I couldnt find what I was looking for in their range. Canon, I also have, and good though they are for most camera work, I wanted to find an all rounder that would do everything I wanted from it.

So I followed Dave Dorn's advice and bought a Panasonic HDC SD900, and have no regrets whatsoever, a lovely piece of kit, easy to use, and produces all I demand from it.
19-03-2013, 02:07 PM
I've been chatting with Vaporized on Skype and I'm sure one of us will update this thread when we've reached some conclusions!

Dave's Tackle Box - Sundays @ 9pm UK
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2013, 10:10 PM
(19-03-2013 12:06 PM)Cat Wrote:  Well, I had a couple of Sony's in the past, just for home movie use, and liked them, but I couldnt find what I was looking for in their range. Canon, I also have, and good though they are for most camera work, I wanted to find an all rounder that would do everything I wanted from it.

So I followed Dave Dorn's advice and bought a Panasonic HDC SD900, and have no regrets whatsoever, a lovely piece of kit, easy to use, and produces all I demand from it.

Cheers Cat, I've looked at these and was quite taken with them.

(19-03-2013 02:07 PM)DaveK Wrote:  I've been chatting with Vaporized on Skype and I'm sure one of us will update this thread when we've reached some conclusions!

Yes we have indeed, I'll drop you a PM and sort out a time for a natter.

MrV

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Private video on youtube Rob 0 4,837 07-06-2015 08:18 PM
Last Post: Rob

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)