Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Follow up from my mp
13-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Follow up from my mp
Dear Mr Goddard,

Thank you for contacting me about electronic cigarettes.

I realise that electronic cigarettes have been of a real benefit to some people who are trying to give up smoking. I can assure you that the Government is committed to encouraging people to quit tobacco and supporting them to do so.

The Tobacco Products Directive proposals would allow non-tobacco nicotine-containing products (NCPs) with nicotine levels under 2mg to be sold as consumer products, provided they feature an adapted health warning, but NCPs which exceed certain levels of nicotine could only be placed on the market if they have been authorised as medicinal products.

Following a consultation on how NCPs should be regulated, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is currently co-ordinating further scientific and market research looking, in particular, at the pharmacological effects of certain levels of nicotine and the impact of regulation on public health and businesses.

Over the coming weeks, Ministers will be asked to make decisions on the regulation of NCPs, based on the advice of an expert working group and the Commission on Human Medicines (which advises Ministers on matters relating to the safety, quality and efficacy of medicines). This will also inform the Government's position on all aspects of the Tobacco Products Directive covering NCPs. The Department recognises that, although there is a lack of evidence of the effectiveness of NCPs, there is a real potential for public health benefit from products that work and are acceptability safe.
I am pleased to tell you that the Government has committed to make a final decision on how to regulate NCPs in the spring.

I hope this information is useful and thank you again for taking the time to contact me.

Yours Sincerely

David Morris MP
Morecambe and Lunesdale
House of Commons
London
SW1A 0AA

Tel: 0207 219 7234
01524 841225
Fax: 0207 219 6610
Email: [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 24 February 2013 18:33
To: MORRIS, David
Subject: Letter from your constituent

Email:
[email protected]

Sunday 24 February 2013

Dear David Morris,
I wish to have my say on the euro debate on nicotine I use a electric cigarette and this is not a way of stopping smoking , it,s my way of staying alive and away from all the tar in normal cigs.
If every body changed to vapeing it would save 5 million deaths a year.
I can,t believe that the European Union would take vapeing away from the fast growing numbers that are changing to this much safer way of using nicotine.
I will not go to n r t stuff if euro get there way I will be forced to go back to normal tobacco .
I look forward to your thoughts on this matter

Yours sincerely,
Malcolm Goddard

8aef510a1ef98aa536ba/816a9b12f9255191e77f
(Signed with an electronic signature in accordance with subsection 7(3) of the Electronic Communications Act 2000.)

[ This message was sent by WriteToThem.com. If you have had any problems receiving this message, please email [email protected] and we'll get back to you. See http://www.writetothem.com for more details about the service. We have sent this email to [email protected]; if this address is out of date please email us so that we can update our records. ]

UK Parliament Disclaimer:
This e-mail is confidential to the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. This e-mail has been checked for viruses, but no liability is accepted for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Why the hell do they always think I want to stop ? Errrrrrr
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2013, 10:03 AM
RE: Follow up from my mp
Another letter has gone off to him , i will get it through to him about harm reduction ? I hope lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dukemal's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)