Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BURNT TASTE OFF KANGER MT3
11-01-2013, 03:50 PM
BURNT TASTE OFF KANGER MT3
I have just bought an e vic with a kanger mt3 clearomiser after having watched a few videos on the mt3. all I seem to be getting is a burnt taste no matter what voltage/ wattage I have it set at.I use ryhi5 and ry6 fluid. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THEYRE HAVING SAME PROBLEMS OR COULD ADVISE ME CHEERS.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Re: BURNT TASTE OFF KANGER MT3
I bought a Kanger MT3 today which I put on a Vamo. No burnt taste at all at up to 10 watts (not tried higher, never do), in fact my only comment is that it has a very airy draw. That may be because I have to use a 510/ego adapter as the skirt is too big for the Vamo. But I've used various types of clearos on a lavatube with an adaptor and not had that trouble.
I didn't even put a drop of juice on it to burn before filling, spmething I often do to burn off any chemocal residue that could give a bad taste.

Fight the EU ecig/vaping ban!
11-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Re: BURNT TASTE OFF KANGER MT3
Been using mine a few days now, I do get a slight burnt taste over 4.5v but i think that is more to do with the juice i have in it as it doesn't seem to like anything much over 4v.

I agree with BWV about the airy draw, but i have to say so far i am very impressed

O < This is my stress free bubble, respect the bubble, stay out of the bubble, no touchy the bubble, go find your own bubble Smile
08-03-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: BURNT TASTE OFF KANGER MT3
I've been using mine constantly for several weeks now and have found that 5.9 watts is the limit, more than that and you start getting that burnt taste. 

I'm using RY6 at 36mg and it's really satisfying with the MT3. 

The atomiser head only last me about a week before I need to replace it but overall I'm impressed. 
19-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Ok, I got one yesterday..and the taste was horrible! So after reading all the threads I could find...I decided to remove all of the plastic/rubber rings..all three of them and pull out the wicks a tiny bit...now it's vaping like a beast and no burnt taste and to my surprise..no leaking either? Shocked!
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2013, 09:14 AM
I got one of these Kanger mt3's on tuesday morning. It worked beautifully all that day, and compared to the ce4 i'd been using it was worlds apart, the juice level got down to just under halfway and all of a sudden it started gurgling and i got juice in my mouth! It was disgusting. I've not come across this before as i'm quite new to vaping so i don't know what to do about it. I've searched online and i've taken the bottom part out and blew through the tube, refilled and put back together but now everytime i try to use it, i get a couple of draws out of it before it starts gurgling again and then i get juice in my mouth. I could really do with some help here, i'm a bit out of my depth and seriously considering going back to smoking at the moment, it's far less hassle. Please help.

Ecigs: A Choice not a Therapy. A lifestyle not a Treatment. Educate and Liberate.
21-05-2013, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2013 03:27 AM by EgoManiac.)
One reason for the burnt, some say burnt rubber, taste over certain voltages is because the legs of the coil, which are held in place by a rubber grommet trapping the negative and positive legs against the atomizer barrel and center pin, respectively, start getting hot enough to actually scorch the grommet. Once this happens, the burnt taste rarely goes away.

Another potential reason for the burst taste is because the stock coils choke the wick. I have 3 Kanger T3s (5, actually, but only three in service ATM), and in every case, the stock coils were wound very tightly around a very dense little wick, with the result that one or two good draws and the wick is starved and you get that dry hit taste, which to my palate is very much like burnt. I re-build all of my T3s with 60-thread cheesecloth (single wick, no "flavour" wicks) and Kanthal A-1 coils with NR legs (similar to how a Penelope or Oddyseus coils is built, with NR/R/NR wires). This rebuild achieves two things: much better wicking, and absolutely no burning of the rubber grommet!

One other potential reason for the yucky taste is machine oil and dirt in the tanks and on the coils and coil assemblies. I've had very eye-opening success with giving all my new atomisers and tanks a three-cycle, three-minute ultrasonic bath in hot water and a cap of grease-cutting dishwashing detergent (I use Dawn). I was shocked at the amount of crud—even metal shavings!—that come out of some of these devices right from the factory!

YMMV. Big Grin

If you can't get there by a comfortable road, don't go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kanger pro tank boring old git 5 6,072 03-08-2013 02:42 PM
Last Post: Sav
Sad LavaTube & Kanger Help! mVape UK 3 5,117 15-07-2013 02:51 PM
Last Post: EgoManiac

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)