Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alternative to SS Mesh.
04-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Alternative to SS Mesh.
I have been using a VH-Genesis from Vapour Hut for a good few weeks now. So far, it has been superb. However, Sunday morning I decided to change the mesh and coil. I took off the old wick and coil and and tossed it out, only to realise that it was my last piece of mesh till I get some more. After much head scratching, I thought I would try something out. I decided to try Cotton Candle wick as I had no mesh.

I cut off enough of the 2mm Candle Wick to reach to the bottom of the tank section. I then kept rolling it between my fingers as you do with the mesh till it was thin enough to go through the hole. With my trusty paper clip, I wound the coil around the wick and inserted it in the hole. After tightening down the wires, I dripped juice onto the coil and cotton wick and let it soak well in so the cotton wouldn't burn through. I briefly fired it up just to see if all was well and didn't really expect a lot. The coil was fine and started to fizzle. I then filled the tank, put the top section back on and then rested the whole device horizontal for a few minutes, for the juice to soak into the wick.

When I started vaping it, I was greeted with clouds of vapour, but little or no flavour. Plenty of throat hit though. After about 10 minutes the wick started to settle down and the flavour started to come through. I have been vaping with it all day and must admit I am well surprised. I haven't seen any posts of anyone using anything but SS Mesh with the Genesis style atties, so I thought I would let you know there are alternatives. Works great for me and might work great for someone else. Hey, it's all good. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)