Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to find the Elips (and not just a chinese copy)
10-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Where to find the Elips (and not just a chinese copy)
Hi
I've been looking for the Elips that was shown on Dave's show a few weeks back (just found this site, and reviewing the recent shows). As someone who is new to E-Cigs (still using E-Lites, and trying to refill them, badly. Although I have a Ego Wildfire on it's way today, no idea what it's like, slight impulse buy. Anyway, I liked the idea of the Elips, and have googled it to find it (or the new version as mentioned in the show). Unfortunately all I get are a load of either LSK made chinese copies or ECS or other shops own versions (and being new to all this, they are from shops I've never heard of and are not advertised on any of the shows on VTTV).

Obviously I'm a bit concerned about how good these chinese copies will be (although some come with higher capacitance batteries, and say they are the next version [blatantly lying], have a more standard charging cable, and other 'extra features'), I would rather have something that will work well and not break after 5mins (which the copies may or may not do). I was wondering if anyone has either:
1) any experience of the chinese copies
2) knows where to get the real thing from a reputable site
3) knows if Vapour heaven, ECS Limited or Vapology electronic cigarettes are reputable sites.

Thank you for helping such a newbie out here, it is very much appreciated.
Alex
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Re: Where to find the Elips (and not just a chinese copy)
The Ovale Elips is specific to Ovale, which is a partner/subsidiary/in bed with Joyetech, a company with a pretty good reputation for quality. There are Ovale websites all over the place. However, I'll have a couple of the various Elips stylee models with me on Saturday at the NEES-Up, so you'll be able to have a blast and judge for yourself - I'm sure DaveK will bring his along, too - so it's all good!! See you there!
Find all posts by this user
19-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Re: Where to find the Elips (and not just a chinese copy)
Apparently, just moments after I filmed that review, Ovale stopped selling the eLips and have replaced it with the eLips "C" Big Grin

I have a "C" now and will mention in it in my next show, but it seems every bit as good after a week's use, and has a much lower atomiser replacement cost as you can replace just the coil section.

You can get them from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ovaleireland.com">http://www.ovaleireland.com</a><!-- m --> if you're interested.

Re the cheaper versions of the Elips - I did a review a while back of a thing called the "Elf". Overall I'd say the build quality of the Ovale gear is better (I reckon the Ovale stuff will last a lot longer), but the elf wasn't bad at all. Here's the review I did:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSXTmIZDMnM[/youtube]

Hope that helps!

Dave's Tackle Box - Sundays @ 9pm UK
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)