Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Beginners and what to expect when switching
08-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Beginners and what to expect when switching
Because its something very different from what you are used to, its only natural to suspect ecigs and the juice within, are to blame when your body experiences some strange symptoms.

And its important that you remember that anything odd that persists should be reported to your GP, just in case you have a health problem unrelated to your smoking/vaping habits.

However, many switchers do not realise that along with reducing your intake of combustible tobacco there comes a long list of withdrawal symptoms. We know you haven't given up nicotine, so no withdrawal there, although if tested, Im sure the majority of us would see a reduction in the level of nicotine absorbed by the body. But the major withdrawal comes from the nastier chemicals within a cigarette. So its advisable to familiarise yourself with those symptoms.

PG and VG are not familiar to your body, so its important to raise the level of liquids you drink. That simple measure will eradicate a lot of problems new vapers report within the first few weeks of vaping.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cat's post
08-01-2014, 10:38 AM
RE: Beginners and what to expect when switching
I had a cold almost continually for the first three months !!
10-01-2014, 01:37 PM
So is there a link to a definitive list of what withdrawal/side effects new vapers can expect to experience Cat? Or could you perhaps put something up here on the forum for them? Smile

Ecigs: A Choice not a Therapy. A lifestyle not a Treatment. Educate and Liberate.
14-01-2014, 10:36 AM
(10-01-2014 01:37 PM)yoda1970 Wrote:  So is there a link to a definitive list of what withdrawal/side effects new vapers can expect to experience Cat? Or could you perhaps put something up here on the forum for them? Smile

The problem with a list is that no two people will have the same list.

I will have a search around the net though to see what I can find on cigarette withdrawal.

I suppose you can say its like withdrawal from any drug, except with smoking the list is quite long, and no tobacco company will want to tell you exactly what is within a cigarette..
14-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Thanks Cat, it would be good to have some idea what new switchers can expect to experience when they change from smoking tobacco to vaping. Just a generalised idea would be fine i think, just so that newbies, (i count myself as one of those still), aren't put off or confused by some of the side-effects/changes that can happen.

Ecigs: A Choice not a Therapy. A lifestyle not a Treatment. Educate and Liberate.
15-01-2014, 12:00 AM
I'm no expert, and this is just my personal experience, but here are the two most obvious things that happened to me when I first completely switched from ol' smokeys to vaping:

1. Hacking and Spitting — This occurred very frequently during my first three weeks of vaping. It gradually tapered off, and by the fifth or sixth week it was all gone. My doctor told me it didn't have anything directly to do with vaping, but rather, it was just my lungs clearing out all the crap left there by my PAD smoking. This is actually a good thing, as it indicates that your lungs are repairing themselves and are able to do some "housecleaning" now that you're not taking in more tar from burning tobacco.

2. Dry mouth (cotton mouth) — This still occurs from time to time, and it's easy to get rid of ... just drink more water! Both PG and VG, the main constituents of vapour, are drying agents; they absorb moisture, and so dry out the linings of your mouth and throat. Nothing sinister, you just need to hydrate yourself with more liquids than you might normally drink.

If you can't get there by a comfortable road, don't go.
12-03-2014, 11:42 PM
I took up vaping on the 3rd of Feb and haven't had any tobacco since.

I probably smoked about 20-a-day, but switching to 10mg e-liquid has been surprisingly easy. Have tried patches in the past but found they gave me a horrible buzzing sensation, when trying to sleep.

Honestly haven't found anything negative about vaping, which I'd started years ago.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)