Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where can I get a GGTS ???
02-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Where can I get a GGTS ???
Hi Dave,
New to vaping - well, about 4 years now I guess - but in comparison with a previous 40 years of smoking - then 4 years in vaping - is 'new' !! Watched Vapour Trails TV and saw your GGTS. Immediately went on-line to look for one (using DCT and Tornado battery just now) but no luck. Saw a London based company selling them (stainless steel) at about £130 but out of stock. :cry: Any ideas if they are available in the UK anywhere ??? Seems they are selling quicker than they can be produced.
Any help appreciated.
Regards,
Richard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Re: Where can I get a GGTS ???
Hi Richard,

The website you mentioned is indeed the correct place to purchase the GGTS in the UK.

Quoted from e-cigz.co.uk

"GGTS PRE-ORDER MID JUNE, STOCK ARRIVING TOWARD END OF MONTH, MORE DETAILS SOON!!!"

You will need to check back on the site at regular intervals as once announced, those pre-order places will most likely be taken up within hours, if not minutes!

Another option would be to look for 2nd hand examples on the classified sections of various ecig forums but you will more likely than not expect to pay higher than new prices for one due to the collectability/lack of availability.

I hope that helps and good luck!
03-06-2012, 10:30 AM
EsxPaul is entirely correct - they don't hang about for long once Cam gets 'em in... watch the site like a hawk!!
03-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks to EsxPaul and HiFistud,
I also had a reply from the Cam at the Web site - and he said more or less the same. Keep checking for pre-order availability. Guess I'll just have to join the queue !!! I thought there might be another UK supplier somewhere or other. Didn't know these things are sold out before they even arrive. Incredible demand - makes you wonder why the manufacturer cannot keep up. If the demand in the UK is anything to go off, then there must be one hell of a demand from the USA and elsewhere in the world also. :shock: Thanks again for the replies.
Regards,
Richard
02-11-2012, 10:25 AM
There is a Finnish mod coming out which looks like it has been 'inspired ny the GGTS, it is a brushed stainless steel, looks very interesting. I have not yet decided if I can buy one as I do not know how I feel about the ethics of it. But given the recent issues re dropping the UK seller and the responses to people's understandable concerns from the munufacturer :evil: , I think I will probably give this a go if I feel the need for another GG Wink (It always makes me laugh how easily I can convince myself that I 'need' something rather than 'want' Big Grin

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.finnvape.com/product/362/">http://en.finnvape.com/product/362/</a><!-- m -->

I suppose there is limited scope with e cig design and function will have an impact on form, but there are mods and attys that are 'inspired by' and then there are blatant copies. When is a clone not a clone?
Maybe a topic for discussion on a show?
05-11-2012, 10:15 AM
There's also the Adam, which looks very nice - but yes, the ethics of it all is an area which I, too find somewhat difficult. I think I'll end up looking at both, purely from the standpoint that in so doing I'll be able to inform the viewer.

From the "clone" standpoint - I have to ask myself the question "was the Riva a blatant copy of the eGo? How 'ethical' were folks about buying that?" And, similarly, there are loads of other blatant copies and "inspired-by" devices coming out of China now - could be an interesting show....
05-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Hi Funkybunch,

Thanks for the heads-up on the new telescopic Finnish mod. It looks very nice indeed - dare I say it - a GG clone ?? Good price too and cheaper than the GG. I could be interested in this. But - where does the lust for more shiny things stop ?? The issue with the GG is spares of course (after the recent debacle) and we can now only order direct from Greece or maybe the USA. However, the whole GG thing has made me very anti the whole pre-order situation and I don't think I'll ever go down that road again anyway. I got my refund - but waited three months for something I never received.

Regards,

Richard

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)