Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my twin 18650 vv parts list
29-05-2012, 10:14 PM
my twin 18650 vv parts list
as promised here is a "simple" wiring diagram for the vv
[Image: ptr08100w_wiringdiagram.jpg]

you will need:
an atomiser connector
a case to fit it all in try: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pc-18650-Batt...5645137e80
if you want more than one make a low offer for them $3.00 each or less i just ordered 2 at this price!
a 200 ohm resistor (220 or 240 can also be used)
a 220 ohm variable resistor
2 100uF 16V Electrolytic Radial Capacitors (the diagram states 10v ones but i prefer higher ones)
a switch rated at least 3amps but higher is better (you want a momentary push switch normally open)
a piece of strip board to mount the components on. something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Vero-PCB-C...46039d0864
and your switching regulators either http://www.ti.com/product/ptr08100w or http://www.ti.com/product/ptr08060w will do (why not order them both there free lol)
if you can jam it in you can add a voltage display something like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1s-6s-LED-Lipo...27c7593378
looking at the front of the display wire the left pin to negative of the atty connector and the pin next to it to the positive of the atty connector (you can add a small latched or slide switch between the atty and the display so you can switch the display off if you want)

i hope this helps people and if anyone has any questions about this please don't hesitate to ask
and I'll answer them if i can :roll:

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
[Image: VapourtrailstvHD.1.gif] Click to subscribe - IT'S FREE!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Re: my twin 18650 vv parts list
Thanks mg i found this very interesting but i think i am not at that level yet.So i am going to save all this info and this may be my goal to make one.Thankyou for the links on ebay will order the cases while they are there and the displays.And when i am more confident will have a go at making one,they do look good.Once again thankyou for going to all this trouble for me,regards steve
29-05-2012, 11:02 PM
no problem. i'm always happy to help where i can. looking at the work you've already been doing i'm sure you will be putting one together in no time lol

i would advise that the first time you try and make one like this i'd keep it basic and don't bother with the display or extra switches as with those in there it can get pretty tight on space!

oh and don't do what i did the first time i tried one, if your going to put some kind of coating on the outside of your box put it on before you fix the switch in place :lol: :oops:

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
29-05-2012, 11:55 PM
trust me i will have a go when i get better at all this.I love vaping but also love the idea of making my own mod,and trust me i have never done this before.Maybe its the kid coming out in me.Cheers mate.
30-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks mg, apart from the PTR reg and tantalum caps (got low esr alluminium type) ive got all the parts. Was going to build one based on the LM2576 reg but trying to cram everything into the small space above the batt comp is a pain .About the only thing I have done is wrap the case,have not had much time to do anything else just lately.Mind you got a DNA now so might use that
Anyway thanks again mg
30-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Yeah the DNA is my next project, as soon as all the bits and pieces i want get here i'll be having a good play! possibly something with a fixed battery and inductive charging!

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
13-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi Am going to try this. My fathers day gift request I do believe. Would it be possible to post a photo of the insides just so we get a visual idea of the layout to "marry up" to the diagram?

In addition I would like to thank you for the passing on of this info. Its a very generous thing to do. Many thanks.

Andy

Don't Drip and Drive
13-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks its no problem i will try and sort out some pics for you and if i can get it all to work out i'll do some video of it and pass it on to Mr Dorn but i'm not promising anything, not yet anyway :roll:

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
13-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Here is a slightly simplified version of the wiring diagram I'm using hopefully this helps a bit
[Image: ptr08100w_wiringdiagram-1.jpg]

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)