Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you watch??
09-05-2012, 09:02 AM
How do you watch??
I need your help!

I'm trying to find out how folks watch VTTV shows. Do you:

1. watch the video in the native size on the web page and leave chat where it is
2. pop the video out to watch full-screen and put chat somewhere else (another screen, maybe)
3. pipe the video to your telly and watch there, with chat on a lappy or something
4. do something I haven't even thought about!

I'm also interested to hear how folks feel about the New Livestream platform (you can have a look at a month's worth of shows there now - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.new.livestream.com/vapourtrails">http://www.new.livestream.com/vapourtrails</a><!-- m --> ) in terms of its facilities and the chat box over there.

Thanks for your help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Re: How do you watch??
watch the video in the native size on the web page and leave chat where it is

livestream for reviewing the tech builds that Garry does and when I miss something due to interuptions/wife etc.

Dolphins Hotel a Vaping friendly hotel!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Live Broadcast – 480p (Experimental)
09-05-2012, 09:02 PM
720 & with chat(when I can stomach reading utter twaddle and folks poor attempts at humour & innuendo) from 360 paused broadcast on same screen. Otherwise just fullscreen on monitor.
09-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Fullscreen 720p on my 23" 1080p main monitor with chat popped out on my secondary 15" monitor.
09-05-2012, 09:06 PM
pop out chat on my desktop and popout the 720p (when available or pop out what is available) and throw it over to my big screen (26" 1080p) to watch full screen. oh and the beta on one side of my desktop during a simulcast!

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
[Image: VapourtrailstvHD.1.gif] Click to subscribe - IT'S FREE!
09-05-2012, 09:09 PM
First time I watched tonight.

720p on media centre PC to 32" TV with audio running through hifi, remotely controlled from ipad.

Next time i will get chat up on the ipad, the only downside i found was that to switch to full screen requires mouse hovering over the video window, can't do this on the ipad, so had to plug a mouse into the PC.
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2012, 09:15 PM
480p and leave the chat where it is usually. Or 720p when available, chat running on a tablet.
09-05-2012, 09:21 PM
At the mo . watch the video in the native size on the web page and leave chat where it is on a Archos 80 G9 with Android Ice cream sandwich 4.06 in portrait mode
If using my laptop or PC the same but with chat popped out to the side
09-05-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm watching on a laptop screen, so I normally leave the video at the native size on the page and pop the chat out so I can have that on the right.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)