Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trustfire Charger
05-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Re: Trustfire Charger
I retired my 9 week old TrustFire TR-001 and replaced it with the xtar WP6II a week ago, not because it started playing up and not because it started to make a noise, in fact, it's performed perfectly well and has done exactly what it says on the tin. I replaced it simply because I needed a charger that could charge more than two batteries at a time, and of course, different sized batteries at the same time as 18650's, it's now a backup if and when I need it.

There has been a lot of concern lately about the TrustFire TR-001 charger doing it's own thing as and when it wants too, and there's also been reports of them catching fire. These reports are quite worrying to established users of said items, but even more so to those who have never used a battery charger before, hence the multitude of posts you see on various forums.

I think MaddyPaulus has hit the nail on the head. We do now live in a 'throw away' age, mainly because of cheap, mass produced products from abroad that flood the market, whether they be sofas or battery chargers, they are built to last a short time and when they break / go bang, we throw them away instead of getting them replaced under warranty, why? because its too much trouble in our already very busy lives, plus it's so much easier to go 'online' and buy more cheap replaceable items.

If people sat back and thought about what they were buying instead of getting 'cheap', maybe we wouldn't see so many posts relating to electrical items going bang. People have to remember that they are buying electrical equipment, that if faulty, could cause serious injury or death ... all for the sake of saving a few quid.

Regards,
Bob
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2012, 09:39 PM
ol'git Wrote:If people sat back and thought about what they were buying instead of getting 'cheap', maybe we wouldn't see so many posts relating to electrical items going bang. People have to remember that they are buying electrical equipment, that if faulty, could cause serious injury or death ... all for the sake of saving a few quid.

I totally agree with this, and in fact I would extend the same argument to cover batteries and e-cigs in general.

Cheap "eGo type" battery for a tenner, or £15 for a genuine Janty / Joyetech for example.

Dave's Tackle Box - Sundays @ 9pm UK
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Interestingly enought I got a trustfire charger with my new shiny chrome lavatube. Thought would try it out popped in a 18650 and heard a weird sqealing noise. instantly turned off and now binned. Sticking to the xtar to be safe rather than possibly maybe sorry.

Vaper, New Found Gamer and General Court Fool.
VTTV Team Member and RY4 DJ.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)