Register
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trustfire Charger
03-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Trustfire Charger
As I have posted on UKV forum , it would seem that problems with the Trustfire TR-001 are becoming more commonplace. Mine has started playing up this morning. It starts with a barely audible high pitched sound which becomes louder the longer it is left. The pitch drops and gets louder until you can hear it above normal everyday sounds. It does not get hot, well, have not left it on long enough !
Then it starts to make a sound like you get when gently frying something. At this point, the battery is quickly taken off charge and the noise stops, it only occurs under load. I know it has been covered in the show already, but I think that maybe Vendors etc should be made aware of what appears to be a growing fault.

TW have been quick off the mark about it , phoned them this morning and they are sending a replacement today. Just hope the new one lasts longer than 8 weeks.

Wheezer (Tony)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Re: Trustfire Charger
I have retired all of my trustfires now - not one is performing as it should, and that's five that have gone the journey. I'm now on Xtar and Pila, either of which is working exactly as it should.
03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Cheers Dave, just thought I would mention it.
Tony.
03-04-2012, 05:37 PM
I retired my Trustfire charger in favor of an Xtar as well last week as it was misbehaving too.

sometimes when you put a battery in one of the channels the led would just go out unless you put the battery in exactly the right position, not something i liked so it got retired!!!

Vape Hard or GO HOME!!!!
[Image: VapourtrailstvHD.1.gif] Click to subscribe - IT'S FREE!
03-04-2012, 06:25 PM
The damn thing is now making me out to be a liar!! Put a battery in about an hour ago , and not a peep!!!
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
Tony.

Would it be better if I turned the power on? ( JOKING !! even I aint THAT daft)
03-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Seriously, if a charger starts to misbehave, don't give it the chance to go bang - get a new 'un and ditch the miscreant.
04-04-2012, 08:02 AM
My Trustfire started playing up also with one slot saying it was charged and the other wanting to continue charging. Bought an Xtar and binned the Trustfire.

Dugie

[Image: l4m.jpg] [Image: dtb.jpg]
www.avaperslife4me.co.uk - Video Reviews & News. You can also catch me on Daves Tackle Box on Sundays at 9pm BST
04-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure what it is with the vaping world but, irrespective of what vendors may say about no warranty, limited warranty etc.... the law of the land states that we, the customer have rights.... 12 months guarantee on electrical items, replacements/refunds on items "not fit for purpose" and that's without going down the road of SOGA.

I'm amazed at how many people seem to throw away stuff that they have a legal right to refunds or replacements for.

Perhaps some people don't need to look after every penny as much as others do but I do find the repeated "throw it away" culture that exists in the vaping world somewhat dis-heartening!
Use your rights, claim replacements or refunds.

/rant!
Thanks.
04-04-2012, 10:30 PM
You have a fair point there Maddy, and I'm as guilty as anyone really.

I think when it comes to a charger that cost £6 or £7, and you've had a few months of service from it, and you factor in the time and cost of packaging it and taking to the post office, I'll take the easy option and bin it as a general rule.

Its pretty bad I suppose, but I'm a lazy bugger.

Dave's Tackle Box - Sundays @ 9pm UK
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Have to say that by "bin it" and "chuck it" my main thrust is to say stop using it, cease, desist and quit! As it happens, all of my trustfires are well past their guarantee period, else back they would have gone, not least because it gives the supplier chance to see just how many fail,mand what the failure mode is.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)